View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookykrispy View Post
Bob,

I just scored the LH and RH headlight motors, and the control module from a '87 firebird. I want to copy your conversion exactly on my 68 gto. Is it possible for you to mail or email me a template of your fabricated 1/8" plate brackets? I would really appreciate it! Having a template or plan of your fabricated steel brackets would save me alot of time and effort. Seems like most of the hassle of this conversion is in fabbing up the brackets? I'd even be willing to pay you if you made me some exact copies of your brackets and shipped them to me?
Sorry, but I don't have templates. Even if I did, a lot depends on where the bracket is mounted to the radiator supports. My recommendation is make a bracket out of plywood or masonite (I used some lexan scraps I had), mount the motor to it and use clamps and tape to stick it to the radiator. Hook it up and run the headlight cover up and down (watch your fingers!) You WILL need to move it at least once to find the sweet spot where it works best. Once you have it in a good spot, drill the mounting holes in the wood and the support, take the wood and use it to make your steel bracket.