View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the replies so far. Dave Fiedler I haven't spoken to since I did this same thing in the mid 1980's. A blast from the past! I will look him up. Hope he is well. Peter Serio restored the speedometer on the 62 Catalina in question. It is perfect. Probably more accurate than a GPS now! As far as using an HEI pick-up: It is the same idea but won't fit easily in the old points distributor. Physically quite a bit different in size. I can't use an actual HEI distributor because this engine is a 2x4 induction set-up and it wouldn't fit. I could trigger off the points but the plan is for this engine to run 7000-7200 RPM with a solid lifter cam, and point bounce becomes an issue. The best of both worlds would be to trigger the hidden MSD off this points style distributor with the magnetic pick-up inside. I have three of these pick-up coils if I just knew what the polarity was? If I were to guess, I would agree with you. In home wiring, green is ground, so my guess is the white/green tracer is -. Just trying to confirm. Thanks