View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Here is a schematic of 67 TI wiring:

Sounds like you need just the polarity of the #1 and #2 ?

Here is a MSD diagram, which uses the HEI which this TI is basically the same idea.

And the wiring colors for different brands:

As said, green is usually ground, and I have a pic of the 67 TI having the connector from the TI control unit to distributor as being White connecting to white and Green connecting to White/green tracer (which is on the pick-up in dist).

So, up to you I guess.

Thanks for that information and the diagram. The truth is there really isn't a positive and negative. It's just a coil of fine wire with two leads coming off it. It's a tiny generator that has magnetic induction produce a small AC output. But both MSD and even Delco make a big deal out of making sure the polarity is correct but don't specifically give the wires a polarity. Delco shows the connector and wire colors and says make sure you plug it together correctly. End of story. MSD says make sure the polarity is correct but only calls out the newer HEI coil which is white and solid green. White seems to be consistently called positive by MSD so I will try it that way. Thanks for the help everyone.