Thread: Compressed Air
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Let see if this works here are some pics I just took. Rolled that baby right out of the corner for them.

Probably not suitable for professional painting without an additional filter/dryer, but so far with the painting I've done not a single tiny bit of water or oil.

Air deflector on the top directs the air from the fan through the cooler and then onto the small factory intercooler and compressor heads ... in addition to the very lame pulley fan that came on the compressor.

Outlet from tank to the last separator filter is not ideal, shouldn't have the big loop hanging down, should provide a nice incline instead. Spur of the moment thing to get the compressor up and running and I was out of the proper flair fitting adapters.

I should have made the wheels with a bit wider stance, can be a bit tipsy if you build up speed and hit something on the floor.

An added benefit of the aftercooler is better compressor efficiency since you are filling the tank up with cool air at pressure, rather than hot air at pressure that will cool down and lose pressure (energy). The hot setup would be a really good Intercooler (between the stages) this can dramatically increase compressor efficiency as the high pressure stage is fed dense cool air instead of expanded hot air. For some reason the compressor was noticeably quieter when I added the after cooler, I'm guessing the air contracting as it cools absorbs the shock wave coming from the outlet of the high pressure second stage.

It can run for 20 minutes and you can wrap you hand right around the inlet to the tank, haven't felt anything over room temperature yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

What size copper tubing?
Did you sweat on compression fittings?
OR are they flared?