Thread: 455 HO FORUM
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 AM

Thanks Threefidee, I can always count on you to cover me. Threefidee is one of our racers that it took me a while (years) to convince to come out and play. He is hooked and his motor was in the 350 HO comparo article. That baby HO convert runs awfully nice and he drives it well. He used to be a national show car guy now he is a racer first and convinced his neighbor that we need to prep his '71 Goat (455 HO) for this season. Of course he is such a good friend he dicided that I should be enlisted to help work on it also...

To find the best coverage look up MuscleCar Enthusiast. They always do a full round by round coverage of each shootout. They will include all 76 pairings. It should be out soon. Last year several other magazines had at least partial coverage.

The other hot spot for the Pure Stock crowd is at v8buick.com. They have a seperate forum for us. Look for the "Other Guy's" section and we are the Pure Stockers portion. Usually Frank or Donny will post the entire time sheet for race rounds and often Donny likes to make lists like the fastest small blocks, top 20 60' times...

The weekend really is enjoyable and everyone and anyone can find a group worthy of their time. Almost all the racers are willing to help a newbie or try and convince you to bring your car next year. They will give you about 90% of the tricks it takes to be fast also. The last 10% is earned.

Mark