View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 11:32 PM

Default Race Pro drone needs to go

So I finally got my 1967 GTO back on the road but the drone from the exhaust is terrible. I have a 2.5” Pypes system with race pro mufflers and X pipe. I’m running RA manifolds and the exhaust exits just behind the rear bumper. The mufflers sound great at idle and wide open, but at cruise, the drone is really bad. Bad enough it rattles the shifter and anything in the center consol.
What should I do!???
I am considering changing mufflers to something a little more mild. After some research on this forum, it seems there are a few running the dynomax super turbo muffler with good results. Ive read the 20” is super quiet, maybe too quiet for some but honestly that sounds pretty good to me. I see there are two types of dynomax mufflers people like, 14” and 20”.
So what do you guys think? It sucks to spend $140 in mufflers after buying a complete exhaust system..... Any other mufflers you guys would recommend?