View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We run X's in most stuff here nowadays. The 20" case Dynomax cures any drone issue we've had. My son runs an "X" on his fox body with smaller 14" case dynomax ultraflows and there is no drone in that one either.

My chevelle with 3" "X" system and flowmasters has a pretty good drone and the 2,000 rpm range, and I'm confident a muffler change will cure it, if I ever get around to doing it.

I run the Pypes transverse style "X" system on 2 F-bodies here which only comes with the crossflow racepro muffler design and I find both systems work fine with no drone present. On one of them I even installed smaller 2" tail pipes for a stock appearance and that toned down the noise at all rpms significantly.

I had Racepro mufflers on a dual exhaust system I ran on a blazer with an "H" pipe and it droned right at 2,000 rpm where I cruised with it. Matter of fact it was just flat out loud everywhere and I got tired of that quickly. I swapped the mufflers over to Street Pros, and it was much quieter every place.