View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 11:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you Grand73Am, Your knowledge and help is much appreciated.

My hope is that I have the same yellow gear in the transmission - that will help a lot. I look forward to not - pegging the speedo at plus 100 mph.

The Power Window thing is that the Orange/Black wire is disconnected at the fuse block, so I will pull both door panels and make sure the wires are intact for the PWs and then just put voltage to the pink main and jumper across the main switch at the console and verify that I have voltage to both doors. Then, I will likely put in a separate relay under the dash so that I know that the windows have plenty of line voltage.

I have been driving the car a lot and my wife thinks I am trying to be a kid again. It is fun laying rubber for 30 yards into second gear. She HATES the loud pipes when I pull up to the house. The car just has straight glass packs for mufflers. I kind of like it but it is loud with a heavy drone. So, I will likely put in some nice "Straight Through" mufflers. I am also now dealing with a carb issue. It ran great for several days, now it seems to be loading up at start up and runs really rough until it warms up. I think maybe the float is stuck. I pulled it in the garage a couple days ago running fine. The next day it started rough and almost seems to be misfiring.
I think a carb rebuild is in the near future - probably before anything else.