View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I fixed this problem on my frodge a few years ago. It's quite common. There is a little drain and tube within the fridge that gets clogged. Typically, the little bit of condensaton get's drained into a little pan inside the fridge where it wicks away. There was a retrofit kit that I got at the appliance parts store that mitigates the whole clogging and wicking . I forget now what it did, but I believe that it had a larger hole in the drain that didn't clog as easily. No problem now.

"A blocked defrost drain is one of the most common causes of water leakage. This happens when food particles or other debris clogs up the drain hose, which can lead to ice buildup and, eventually, water leaking out of the freezer and refrigerator.

Fix: First, try flushing the drain from inside the freezer with warm water, using a turkey baster or a small funnel. You can also try using a pipe cleaner or a straightened coat hanger to forcibly remove the clog. If this doesn't fix the problem you may need to manually remove the debris that is clogging the check valve at the end of the drain hose."