View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have two 69 350HO Firebird convertibles so I know a bit about them. First off, they are very rare. Unconfirmed rumors claim there were 112 built. I doubt this will ever be truly known until PHS releases all the data and compiles a Ford type Martini report.

The engine on that car is very rare. My automatic was missing the original and I looked for 10 years to find an XC block without luck, so I put a 400 in it. the 350HO is rare for a reason, and that's because the public didn't embrace it. You could get a base 6, Sprint 6, 350 2BBL, 350HO, 400 and then the Ram Air engines. If you wanted to go fast, you bought a 400. If you didn't, you bought a 3502BBL. The car was geared towards a faster car with less insurance since it was a 350... they didn't sell well.

I'm not convinced all original colors means what it did 10 years ago. Aside from that, a red/white car is stunning, so it's a great color combo. With the original engine and minimal rust, I'd be looking to get prolly $13K for it.

Very cool cars BTW. There is no distinguishing stripes/badges/hood... nothing. From the outside it looks like a plain Jane 350 2BBL, but it runs closer to a 400.