Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Does Al Knoch actually do the vinyl wrap in colors other than black? I assumed they did same as Just Dashes, and just wrapped them in black and dyed them. I wonder if they could to the '70/'71 armrest pads in other colors?

Nevertheless, if you're going to go with Sandalwood, the Sandalwood interior had a darker "caramel" color for the dash, console, and kick panels. The rest of the trim was a lighter cream color. So you're likely going to want to go with dye anyway to get the dash, console, and kick panels to match.

Attached color code sheet has information that I believe an automotive paint store could use to mix proper colors.

No color samples here -- my Sandalwood interior car came to me with its dash/console/kick panels re-dyed black...
I was told by a Corvette restorer here in town that they will do vinyl wrap in other colors. I called Knoch and was told that they've only done 2nd gen Firebird dashes in black and blue (she wasn't sure which blue--I suspect the same one they use on their lower door panels), and that they'd get back to me about other available colors--I had a difficult time explaining what the color looked like--I said "dark tan almost brown with a greenish tone but definitely not green"--I don't think my description was very helpful.

Wondering if Chevy used this color in the Corvette, and if so, was is called something different?

Thank you for sending that color code sheet...you previously sent me a document with Ditzler and PPG codes, with a photo of a RH kick panel. Appreciate the help from you (and also Chris)...I'm gonna need it!