View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Senior Chief

Like matrix, I converted from an auto to a 5spd. He covered most of the issues I ran into including having to cut the top off the tunnel.

Besides having to cut the tunnel, my biggest challenges were finding the all the clutch linkage parts and then getting the clutch linkage adjusted properly. What a PITA, but I think my Lakewood scattershield was the primary problem there.

I bought my TKO II from Eric at Swarr Auto. They sell "kits" for GM installs and their prices seem to be competitive. The TKO II was the strongest 5spd available at the time, the TKO-500 and TKO-600 weren't out yet.

I wasn't aware of Keisler when I did my conversion and it does look like they offer some nice packages. They also offer hydraulic clutch kits. I don't know what the price tag is, but I'd love to convert to a hydraulic clutch some day.

There probably isn't much for you to look at, but since we're practically neighbors, you're certainly welcome to look at how things are installed in my car if you're interested.

---------------------------
'96 Corvette Grand Sport (#470 of 1000 built)
Mildly modded LT4, 6spd
'07 Corvette Z06
Mildly modded LS7, 6spd
'67 Chevelle Convertible
LS6 (405HP Z06), 700R4