View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 03:13 PM
Senior Chief

Default Anyone else retiring soon?

Gave my notice of retirement, last day is May 10th 2022, Started with Borden Chemicals on July 7th 1982. The company has been bought/sold a couple times (raped and picked clean buy KKR and Apollo including Chapter 11, finally to be refinanced buy the creditors, mostly Banks and then sold again) The name has changed a few times and is currently Hexion Chemicals. We have always been quite profitable and solid, even while under the control of the financial rapists.

A College Friend and I have stuck with them trough it all. So after 39+ years of shift work and supervising, I finally get to have control of when I get up in the morning and what I will do each day. My wife and I are going to Mexico for a couple weeks before I finish off, as I want to escape the last of a challenging winter.

The T/A gets to be a top priority now, so hopefully I stay healthy for a while and I can finish what I started and make it what I want.

My wife wants to travel and we have Grandkids scattered in Canada and the US to visit, I still have some rental properties to look after as well. So the car won’t get all my time and money, but it will get a lot more than it did for the past five years.

Rob

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nas t eh For This Useful Post: