View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default '65 GTO

I'm watching my favorite preacher, Jerry Savelle, preaching at the Southwest Believer's convention. He just told about a favorite car he had, which was a '65 4-speed, 3-deuce GTO.

Later, a guy gave him one, which he had restored, then sold. Then later, a guy gave him a real nice Gold one. He talks about having a preacher friend as a passenger & gettin rubber in 3 gears. Hey, is it any wonder this is my favorite preacher ?

http://www.kcm.org/watch/live

The services are streamed live, and are on BVOVN, which is channel 265 on Dish. Recordings of all services will eventually be available, in case anybody is interested.

Jerry Savelle had a paint & body shop in Shreveport, LA, back in the '60's. His dad was also a paint & body man. When the Corvette 1st came out, he was specially trained to do repair work on the FG Vette bodies. Jerry said that for several years, his dad did most of the body repairs on most of the Vettes in the Ark-La-Tex area. His dad also did a lot of circle track racing. So, Jerry grew up at race tracks. He also did some drag racing. He's told the story of being at a race in Hallsville Texas, where we later raced quite a bit, when somebody wrecked a Vette. He immediately asked to buy the wrecked Vette. He took it home in the back of a truck, if I remember the story correctly. He took it back to his dad to put back together. He told today about trading a piece of land for a restored '67 427 4-speed Vette.

While I was typing this last paragraph, Jerry Got thru, & his passenger in the GTO is now gonna preach for a while. He's been known as a crazy Cajun preacher. He was once a long haired rock musician, who did drugs. But he's been preaching for a long time now. Another of the speakers was a fighter pilot. So, some of you guys may enjoy listening to some of these guys. They are not your average preachers.

Last edited by ponyakr; 08-03-2018 at 04:24 PM.