View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 03:39 PM

Question Tripower problems and fire!

Hi guys, question, as I read more on Facebook, the more I have thoughts of not returning my tripower back to mr 66, it was born with it and also had a fire in the the mid seventies, I tracked all three owners before me, it was saved by a fire extinguisher, back then and put on the shelf, I had it completely rebuilt, but the problems still seem to have existed through the years for these set ups, I’ve seen the floats stick, the rear carbs overflowing and leaking out, the list is long on some of the sites of Facebook and the fires that are posted lately with all kinds of classics is scary, my guess on a lot is the old electrical systems...any thoughts or information to who to contact for a check up and or re -rebuilding Of the carbs? I know Mike From the tripower team is highly regarded, I carry a fire extinguisher at all times with the problems that can arise with our cars, but would love to bolt that set up back on, thoughts guys? Also I’m in southern NH or the Boston area, is there anyone in the area that specializes in these great set ups? Thanks Mike