View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
I have used TP on my cars on and off for over 50 years and have not found them more trouble prone than any other type carb. Everything from my 287 1955 Chieftain to a 455 powered 1963 Chevy PU. In fact the worst carb that I found over the years for flooding and leaking is the popular dual feed Holley. As for rebuilding your carbs if you don't want them recoated there is no reason that if you are careful you can't do them yourself. Follow all the instructions and measure carefully. If you run into a problem ask for help and you should be all set. It's not brain surgery. Just make sure everything is CLEAN. If you have a compressor blow out every passage with a blow gun. If not buy a can of compressed air like the computer guys use. Good luck.
I've had the same experience, but only for the past 41 years. The tripowers I have run were as reliable as any 4 barrel carb. The current, original born-with tripower on my '65 GTO has been there for 55 years and still works fine. I kitted the carbs about 25 years ago and while grungy looking, they work flawlessly.