View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 12:41 PM

Bill,

I wish I had the pics or diagrams with me now. There is a hole in the side of the head with a plug in it that you can see. It is approx. the size of your finger. Then there is another smaller hole directly in-line with the outside hole under the valve cover. It is kind of hard to see unless the head is removed. Think of it like this: When they drill the oil galley that connects all of the oiling studs together, this is that tunnel. Then the larger hole you can see on the outside of the head allows them this access to do it.

If you wanted to properly and completely cleanout the oil galley under the studs, you would need to remove both of these plugs, on both ends, of both heads since they are identical left/right castings. Then replace when you were done.

And, you are not dumb!. You have been a huge influence to me on this engine over many years. I hated to hear the news when your '57 got hit. I just took my mods to a level that most rational people would not have.(except maybe Pontiac Jack)