View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default California born & raised....

I thought the story behind my '69 Firebird was rather interesting.....

The original "Lady" owner in the Fall of 1968 told her two older brothers that she was going to buy a brand new 1969 Firebird. Her brothers both driving GTO's at the time said to her...you cant just buy one off the lot, you need to order one with the right stuff! I think she ordered a great combination and the one option she wanted most was the fold-down rear seat to have a place to lay her dresses to and from the dry cleaners. She retired the car in the late 80's basically handing it over to her son, although it was never titled in his name and remained in her name until I purchased it earlier this year. I am technically the second "registered" owner. The guy I bought the car from basically lucked into it. While answering an ad for some old Model A wheels he was asked by the owner if he knew anyone that wanted a '69 Firebird? In the corner of their large shop/garage was this car that had been sitting for a few years with a bad water pump. He was a Camaro guy not really knowing what it was, but quickly educated himself and went back to buy the car a few days later. He basically just "flipped" the car for a nice profit, never titled it in his name and sold it to me in March, less than two months later. The car came with literally every annual registration card from new, the original salesman's business card and a few other documents. It also retains its originally issued black & yellow CA plates with the very first 1969 sticker still intact. She needs to be restored, but is a nice driver as is for now.

Here's a link to the original thread where the seller was asking what the car might be worth and also some pictures of the car before and after I bought it.....

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=548940
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fb8.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	142676   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb4.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	142677   Click image for larger version

Name:	fb13.jpg