View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
One thing that I think gets over-looked in the equation is traction. The guy with 600hp, a RobbMC pump and a well tuned q-jet may be running around just fine with no apparent fueling issue, because when he hammers the throttle he turns power into smoke.

But for that guy there's also another guy with the same setup with a sorted suspension and sticky tires that when he hammers the throttle, the fuel system has to work against those forces.

That was me exactly. With the 550 Robb MC and a custom Q jet I never ever had problems on the street. At the track I couldn't get past 300 feet without it leaning out.

Upgraded to the 1000 HP pump and now if I had the tank slap full of gas I could sometimes get a full 1/8th on the slicks, but sometimes not.

Upgrades again to the in tank system and have zero problems anywhere.

I do feel like I have more fuel smell with the Tanks Inc tank. Ive been meaning to try and engineer a carbon canister for the vent. But that's my only complaint.

Speaking of "buy once cry once" if you are going to use soft AN lines for the whole car I would spend a little more and use PFTE lined hose and fittings.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports