View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Compression is free hp/tq run as much as you can.
600+hp from a 433ci on pump gas and iron heads will pretty tough in my opinion.
I realize Pump gas with Iron isn't going to happen, especially with a dual plane intake.
For longevity I'm thinking 11.5:1 or so would be the easiest on the internals for hr long races, and using IV's might have a shot at 600.
With such an engine I wouldn't have to swap engines but race fuel prices for a 4-5 race weekends a year gets expensive.
For budget concerns building one with Iron D's for the SVRA races and use my pump gas Aluminum head engine for HSR and VDCA races is the most practical since I have two almost identical 433 short blocks and I run primarily with VDCA.
SVRA runs nation wide, requires extensive travel and the Iron heads, so maybe 1-2 events a year over the next decade with them as I hit the bucket list tracks like Road America, Watkins Glen, Mosport, Mid Ohio, COTA and Laguna. Right now I run with HSR and VDCA, they allow my car to run as is, but they're regional and it took a lot of lobbying to get in with them.

It gets complicated trying to race a big inch Pontiac engine competitively in Vintage Road Racing.