View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 10:42 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1 View Post
It did seem relatively hard to remove but I wasn't following any guide on the order of component removal. I will need to find some guidance when the time comes to install it all back.
I am going to need to replace the dash or send this one out for recovering. I haven't done any research on that yet. I know it will be expensive.

The original dash harness is a non-rally but the seller of the car included a used dash harness w/ rally. I'll make the decision on what do when I inspect them both really closely. I do know that the inside and outside A/C harnesses have issues. May buy new or make my own for those. Not sure about the engine and front light harness yet. I have some studying to do on those.

Not sure what caused this:

I changed my gauges and dashboard the first time about 20 years ago. Mainly for a better dash, so while I was at it and had the rally gauges from another GTO, I swapped them together. Then recently I had a harness issue with the wire going to the coil. It was disintegrated. So I bought a new harness took out my dash and replaced it. This might be that most labor swap between all the harnesses. While everything is wide open I would consider buying a new harness. I love all the pictures you are putting on. Between you and a couple of my friends you are putting thoughts in my head. The easier part is taking the car apart. The hard part is getting it back together. And I am thinking I my not finish it. I was thinking about doing it a little at a time. But your doing it the best way. Thanks, Marc