View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is a re-post of what I posted this morning. With photos that show up now.
Stuart said moderators don't have the ability to turn editing back on but he was able to delete my posts so I could fix and re-post them.

>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Wow ... the entire dash comes out on a 69? Lucky you ... 68's are a pain with all the metal staying put.
It did seem relatively hard to remove but I wasn't following any guide on the order of component removal. I will need to find some guidance when the time comes to install it all back.
I am going to need to replace the dash or send this one out for recovering. I haven't done any research on that yet. I know it will be expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejudge View Post
I just changed my dash harness. It is a lot of money for wires but like you said they are brittle. When you compare them side by side you will see it is worth it. Love the pictures and updating your doing...
Thanks!
The original dash harness is a non-rally but the seller of the car included a used dash harness w/ rally. I'll make the decision on what do when I inspect them both really closely. I do know that the inside and outside A/C harnesses have issues. May buy new or make my own for those. Not sure about the engine and front light harness yet. I have some studying to do on those.

Not sure what caused this:

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO