View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 06:16 PM

Default 71 Grand Prix SJ Frame Off, Running and Driving After all these years!

Thought I'd post this to thank everyone here for all the help/info I've gotten over the last 11 years owning this car and especially the the last 5-6 years rebuilding.
This was a mostly complete triple black California car not on the road in many years and needed a fair amount of metal work where condensation collected. A nicely optioned car all around with a few PHS/Build Sheet surprises like Formula Steering Wheel, Honeycomb wheels, and Space saver spare. Has it's #s matching 455 that was standard bore. I've added several nice factory correct options with all original parts like 4 speed, power driver seat, pwr door locks, heated rear glass, pwr trunk, map light dome, and yet to install underhood retract. light. I used a lot of NOS parts along the way. I call it a "Day 2 Resto-Mod", suspension and brake mods, wheels, intake and exhaust but otherwise 100% correct as I could make it.
Still a work in progress and that's mostly original paint with only one new fender and patches with alot of original replacement metal. Interior all stock. new vinyl roof. I'll post some pics here but sometime will make a big collection of pics showing details of resto. I re-did everything, everywhere, It looks like a survivor car I guess but all new under and behind the skin. It's all jambed out everywhere with black paint also, Will paint outside body when I'm done having some fun! I got a couple shakedown runs in before It snowed here. Went OK, was a blast, just some tweaking to go etc,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deans_71_GP_SJ_1.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	525994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deans_71_GP_SJ_2.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	525995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deans_71_GP_SJ_3.jpg
Views:	410