View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

The car still has the same welded frame connectors and traction bars that where installed when the car began it's racing career. Including the under gas tank pick up that Brain Ballish had one of his friends braze onto it.......
I had the car at Norwalk one year without the traction bars. The track photographers got several great angles of the car. From the photos the car squated lower, nose in the air, better weight transfer and the body did not twist. Both front wheel came up equally. I just didn't want to take a chance of snapping the pinion, nor did I want to use a pinion snubber because it took the car away from it's original look...I like the old traction bar look...Go Figure I'm a little sentimental about the history of the car....
You'll have to find the Sep/Oct 2006 Pontiac Enthusiast magazine the article has several pictures of the car.
I did however get rid of the 4 foot long hollowed out glass packs Brian did back than, in exchange for a full three inch stainless steel exhaust system that exists where the stock system used to. The system has an pipe configuration and the whole center section can be dropped out to allow work on the transmission. Those four foot glass packs that where the entire system from the headers to there tips. My new system added more weight to the car too.
Do you think it was a little loud?

Last edited by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer; 12-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.