View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

Don,
I love that you found so many pictures of the car since I've owned it. Several are from the photo shot on Woodward for Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine. One from Norwalk with street tires and Rally II's heating up the tires to run the blue GT-37. The other drag strip shots are at Milan Dragway.
To bad we don't have a shot of me putting it to a tuner car who cut off the photographer to line up next to me at a light on Woodward during the soot.. The light barely turned green when I launched the Bird bringing the wheels up than made it across the 6 lanes and the width of the median intersection before the tuner got across one lane. The people in the photo truck were laughing so hard when they caught up to me. They said I should have seen the face on the guy driving the other car.
Looking at the shot from behind me at the Milan light, I see the slick is beginning to wrinkle with the light at the last yellow. I must have gotten a pretty good reaction time, even though my left foot was still on the brake...
You have to love it

Last edited by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer; 12-25-2010 at 11:00 PM.