View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"... just cutting a small rectangle in lower corner for the bar to stick through..."

As easy as it is to remove/replace the bar/chain, you could just store 'em in a smaller box, with the bar off, & stored in the box diagonally. I suppose you could test fit a saw into a cardboard box, to determine the minimum size the box could be. OR, just do some accurate measuring. I may try that, next time I think about it.

I noticed today how much junk gets stuck inside, just from one short cutting session. So, while I had the compressor cranked up, I blew the gunk out of ALL our saws, including the pole saw. Only took a few minutes do it & get 'em all back together.

Even the 80v didn't take very long, even with having to use a scrench. That set-up is not near as much trouble as I thought it would be. But, the tool-free system is quicker & really convenient.

Just went out to the storage shed & did some measuring. For the saw body only, the box would have to be a min of 17" long, 10" wide, & 10" tall, for the 40v Kobalt & the WEN. Didn't measure the total length of either bar. Hey, it's dark outside & there is no light in the storage shed. I'll do some more accurate measuring tomorrow.

The Dewalt body will require a min of 14" long, 9" wide & 10" tall. Again, didn't measure the total bar length. We have quite a few cardboard boxes. I'll do some trial fitting & measuring tomorrow.

Hey, since the saws weight less than 10 lbs, the box doesn't have to be super heavy duty. Seems that most of my small metal tool boxes ended up weighing more than I wanted to carry very far, with just one hand. Guessing 40-50 lbs, OR ?

Last edited by ponyakr; 11-25-2020 at 09:50 PM.