View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie66 View Post
The A/R he sent me was the .68 The .81 I bought from Turbonetics later on. I think Dave was trying to give me the best of both words. So he went with the smaller one because nobody ever really had any real world results of what a 194.5 4 cyl would want/need. I think between you and Dave it was spect really close right off the bat..

TRUTH!!!!

As for what size throttle body , I guess after I check the pressure differential before and after the cooler ill figure what size I with need right?

Both sides of the inter-cooler and the outlet side of the inter-cooler and the intake manifold should tell you the pressure drop, if any, across the inter-cooler and throttle body.

KIND OF HARD TO CHECK IF THE INTAKE RUNNERS ARE THE CORRECT SIZE EASILY.

Because Dave B at SD did the heads I am assuming that any restriction in the throttle body to valves would be in the intake runners not the heads. Did you ever flow the head and the intake together?

Thanks for you're kind words Tom. It means a lot coming from you. You kept me in check the whole way on this build. One of the biggest things I learned from you is keeping the timing, A/F ratio and air temp in line. Those three things alone are the key in making a motor live...
Well you beat the crap out of the cranks but you really made no real mistakes in timing, A/F, or air temp so you did great!

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.