View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
glad you got it running. might be able to work some bugs out of it & store it in good running condition while you wait for the chevy engine....

FYI on that radio, it was not original to a vette, but might have been in a vette... the red LED radios were specific to 79 10th anniv & 80-81 pace cars. vettes & others cars of the era had yellow led's. that radio is from a 1981 pace car. nice radio & worth quite a bit... but keep in mind these old radios are designed for 10ohm speakers only, you cant hook them up to modern 4ohm speakers & expect them to live very long, so if you plan to use that radio, its a good idea to be sure you have 10ohm speakers... & factory 10ohm speakers sound like crap! i'd go with that nakamichi deck & modern speakers if you want decent sound.
Thanks. There is no radio number sticker on it. In my collection of Pontiac stuff I have two old NOS 8 tracks with green LED's. They are aftermarket units that supposedly fit into a second GEN Firebird. The cool thing about green LED's is that they were around for a very short time (just like 8 tracks) before LCD's came out.