View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 10:44 AM

David you al ready know about this from FB, but In early November I was at my last car show of the season, and the show ran late and it was getting dark outside. Show ended, everyone starts leaving, I hop in and turn the key, and it just would not kick over. Plenty of battery, the car Clubs president saw me having trouble, and tried to figure it out. 5 others also from the club stayed to help. I wound up flooding it sooooooo we waited tried again and just would not kick off.

I called Hagerty to get a tow home, they told me possibly a 3 to 4 hour wait. so I called my local tow guy who’s also a Pontiac guy, who got there in about half an hour with the roll back. He instructs me to try and start it, so I did and .....it started right up WHAT? He drove it on the bed and towed me home. Again started right up to get it off the bed. no idea what’s going on.

So we believe it’s the ignition switch or the coil and so we’ll see once we get those parts replaced. Hopefully it’s something easy. How embarrassing as the car had just won Clubs choice that day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ED31373C-6FD0-4510-87D6-3892AE39A123.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	526023  

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
The Following User Says Thank You to Firedup6975 For This Useful Post: