View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My Pontiacs never leave me stranded on the side of the road, The vehicle I've had towed home most often is the 93 chevy k3500 6.5 TD dually. Twice for lack of fuel delivery, once for the LF wheel hub bearing. It literally fell apart without any noise or warning.

Have also lost the cooling lines, due to rust, and twice replace the brake line to the rear wheels. When I bought it, the former owner had just replaced the rear line before I bought it. It lasted 5 years before rusting out again. All lines (fuel, brake, and transmission) have been replaced with Nicopp nickel/copper line.

One of the best repair on the side of the road was on someone else's 66 SS 396 shevelle. The guy was messing with the carb, for whatever reason, small Holley with balance tube between the float bowls. He cut the O ring when he reassembled it. Sunday afternoon, back then no parts stores were open on Sunday. He wants to drive it back home, and to work the following day. It's leaking gas profusely so he'll never be able to drive it without a high probability of setting the car on fire.

One of the girls was chewing gum and it hits me that if I take a string wrap it with gum and wrap it around the balance tube it may seal the balance tube. I try it, the gum on the string seals up perfectly, not knowing how the gas is going to affect the chewing gum we let it idle for a few minutes, dry as a bone.

It was Tuesday when he got around to getting a new O ring, and removing the bush fix...….

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: