View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 04:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
This order created a lot of funny looks and comments when looking for the same in Lisbon.
Damn few people there seem to be able to do anything with there hands let alone tools and the houses reflect this.
Comments from realtors I presume. Yeah, it didn't look to me that large properties there were available there. Cars to them are just to get from A to B and nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Outstanding, so glad the move went well. Looks like a fantastic shop. Gives me hope for our move to go smooth.
How big is that shop again?
About five weeks from now we'll be loading up the GTO for the trip south. All of our tractors and equipment heading down the last week in April.
Was just shopping for a 40 x 60 shop today, hope to have one done before winter.
Hi Johnny. I sent you an email the middle of last month but it sounds like you didn't get it. I sent you the plans to my shop a while back too. Did you receive those? I thought you did.

40X60 will be a great size. Mine is 40X80 but like I said earlier, it's probably twice as big as I had my mind on when starting to look at properties.
I hope you resurrect your "New Digs" thread so I can see the details.

I just did see in another thread that you had posted questions about hauling your GTO on a Uhaul trailer behind your pickup. You won't have any problems. I wouldn't worry about panic stops but taking it easy on speed sure doesn't hurt either. On both trips I went 65 mph pulling those trailers behind their trucks. I didn't follow other cars or trucks very closely though. Especially in the bigger truck because the load in the truck was extremely heavy. Once we got into the snow with the bigger truck, I slowed down to 45 or so and kept even longer distances from what was in front of me.
The trips from San Angelo to Fort Collins took 2 days each. Stayed at a motel in Eads, CO both times. It's a pretty remote route and Eads is a very small town. I parked behind the building and didn't worry about security at all with the cars and didn't bother to put the car cover on for the night. Both cars got dirty but got washed in my shop right after getting them off the trailer. Sprayed them off under the hood and underneath as well. Everything gets dirty.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: