View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:41 PM
Boost Engineer

There is some, truth to what you posted, except most is garbage because of the following reasons:

1) With your current Roots compressor Roots 8-71, 20 psi more psi (32 psi then) and you and I and BDS all know it, is impossible for that unit. You are trying to pass some BS on to the PY members.

Only a screw supercharger comes close to being able to make 30 psi and Whipple wants $6500 for the unit and you, based on your last post, lets say you could find the extra $6500 to buy the Whipple and the money for the related parts be fabricated to make it work on your pontiac.

Even a 14-71 can't make 30 psi without generating a lot of heat, but you run methanol so for drag racing you might be ok.

So Put the Whipple Supercharger that can make 30 psi on your engine, install the system, then we can talk again.
Right now it is just talk and dreaming like most of your posts. Talk directly to Art, not one of his salesmen.

Quote: "For your information I have NEVER said I was a Expert on boosted Pontiacs". Glad you admitted that finally.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post: