View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
What is your CR?
When I did the top end, I was able to get a rudimentary reading based on deck height, it's around 10.25:1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
That's kind of what I suspected, there is some sort of fuel delivery issue. That would have been visible in the tune as the unit tries to cover up the fuel deficiency. If it's dropping to 40 with just a quick free rev, it's probably plummeting fast under a WOT load.
Sounds like a possible fuel pump issue. What kind of pump setup are you using?

Edit: never mind I see you mentioned dropping the tank so you have an in tank setup. That's good news. Just make sure you get a genuine walbro. Not the cheaper stuff advertised as walbro on ebay. Those seem to have problems and I suspect they are reboxed garbage. I always just order directly from Walbro, I pay more but I know what I'm getting in the box. It's the same stuff all the OEM's use.
A trap door would have that swapped out in about 15 minutes, even with a full tank of gas Just sayin.
Yes I always get a genuine TI Automotive pump from one of their distributors. Tanks Inc is an authorized distributor so I picked up on from there, along with a rebuild kit. New pigtail, feedlines, insulator, sock etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
Good looking pumping numbers for your altitude.

Sounds like you narrowed down the issue to fuel. Most likely the pump wore itself out and won’t pump enough pressure anymore.
Yeah I'm thinking that's likely it. These numbers are pretty consistent from what I observed the last time I conducted a compression test about 5 years ago. There's a couple cylinders that are actually pumping a little harder. Could be that I've got a new battery in the car at this time.