View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Ive looked into Torqamp web site plus watching youtube videos (i started a thread on this subject earlier) and come to the conclusion (unless something changes) is that with its (electric supercharger) size and (electric) motor RPM installing it on a 400 cubed engine you won't get any boost.......maybe on a 350 engine you just can't push enough air to make power on any thing over 300 or so CI. Now a long, long time ago I had a 250 B & M supercharger on my 74 GTO a 462 engine with e-heads and a roller cam....it ran 9.0's - 9.20's ET's. that blower broke right before the Pontiac race in Norwalk so in order to race I installed the only other blower I had my old faithful 174 B & M Streetcharger on it. It being kinda small for the engine mods I only made 3-4 lbs of boost BUT I still was able to run in the high 9.40's which wasn't bad for the tiny blower! It goes ro show you that its not how much boost you run but how you use it.......!! LOL!
A little FYI..... I was talking about using 2 of the torqamp supercharger ion this post!

GTO George

GTO George