View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tho the last show in Ridgely it sure was a good one. My guess there was at least 700 vehicles in attendance. Getting in tho wasn't all the best. I pulled up to the line around 5:20am. The line was long and slow. So slow in fact many cars were over heating, mine included. I had to keep the revs up just to keep the temp down to 210. Let off and it would start to climb. 4 cars I was shuffling along side of ended up in a parking lot steaming. One was a gorgeous 69 Charger.

Like an idiot I'd forgotten my phone home on the counter.... so no photos. I did get Richard Petty's autograph, and a photo with Linda Vaughn's signature. I had already got it on my visor in the GTO back in 2011 at Denis Kurban's show at his home. I asked about him and she hasn't heard a thing from him. Just as we haven't here. As for Mr. Petty's autograph, you had to have a wrist band. Only 300 were given out I happened to get one, but only by luck. They had a table set up with about a dozen of them left over and I was one of the 12 that casually rushed the table. LOL When it was time for him to start the autographs there was a line of 300 or more waiting.... for hours, like we had to to register for the show [1.5 hours... some way longer than that].

I had brought the lady controlling the line to see Mr. Petty a bottle of water. The show was too cheap to supply water to their volunteers. So when it was time to head up she said follow me. I did and we were the 6th and 7th in line. In and out thanks to her I got out of there before the big rush for everyone to leave. As I was heading out from where I was parked I met up with Mr. Petty again and Linda too. I had made it out but was caught by them 50 feet from the end of the street and the cones blocking it off. So I had to squeeze over to let them pass by. They passed by and I was out of there at 1:30pm on my way home. I wasn't about to wait until 4pm, I'd seen enough and got what I wanted.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.