View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My Gardner setup is a couple of years old. It has the correct resonators. If you send me your email addy, I'll send you some pics. I just took some for Brewster because he's interested in their setup as well. I like it's look and fit really well, but I'd much prefer a 3rd party system for performance reasons. If I wasn't so anal about these things I would have went wild with the exhaust. It is a bit of a bottleneck.

The main thing with oil these days is to be sure you get enough zinc if you're using a standard cam. The Redline has a good amount (1350ppm), which is the main reason I use it. The other is that I don't put on a huge amount of mileage during the year, and this stuff works well for extended drain intervals.

I also use the Mobile M1 oil filter with it. They're a bit expensive, but they have some excellent filtering proporties and a really high burst rating. When my engine was first fired up, we went through a few filters because the new engine was a bit tight and with the 80psi pump they wouldn't hold up. After I went to the M1 those problems disappeared.