View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it's the same way with used engines.

I had a good 455 bracket engine. Ran 7.30's at my local 1/8 mile track. Track closed, so I sold the Ventura as a roller, to a Chevy guy. Tried to sell the engine, for what I thought was a very reasonable price.

It had forged rods & pistons, & a pretty decent Lunati cam, Torker 2 intake, 750 vac Holley, deep pan. After a few years I finally had to sell the longblock for $1000. And even at that, couldn't sell it to anybody in the South. A guy drove down from one of the Northern states to pick it up. All, I can say is that he got a bargain. Couldn't have the same engine built now for 4 times the price.

Hey, there have been 455 core engines sell for that much. And they'd need a complete rebuild.

I suppose most figure everybody is lying about what they have for sale, & figure they wouldn't be selling if it was any good.

That's just the way buying & selling used car parts goes.

So, any Pontiac or racing parts I buy now, I just assume that once I buy 'em, they are then completely worthless, for resale. That way, I won't be surprised by lack of buyers when I try to sell.

The Following User Says Thank You to ponyakr For This Useful Post: