View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 05:45 PM

There was a change over in January, this car was built the very last week of January. Starting in February (it was thought within the first couple of weeks at the latest) the standard equipment on a tripower car changed. Early cars got the heavy duty cooling standard (four core radiator and fan), and 3.55 gears standard listed as F1 (F=3.55 1=posi) K would be 3.23, after January orders the heavy duty cooling was extra cost as was a 3.55 gear, they had the early style valve covers without the rubber plug, the engines weren't stamped with a W for the four speed (Fremont cars can be verified with PHS as the block number and the block stamp code is listed on the PHS even without the protecto plate) Mine was stamped from the factory as 76x (no w on early cars) and the block id number is listed on paper work as 137690. Early cars had the two pulley alternator with two belts, later ones did not. Most of the early cars got the different tail lights with the reflector on the side, the later ones had the reflector in the center, mine got the reflectors on the center (not sure when this changed, less part numbers to deal with). Early cars had the Muncie with ending with 325 and still said patent pending, later ones had the 325 case with the patent number listed. (this change was as stock changed as was the tail lights). My buddy had a early 63 built 64 GTO that had the old Muncie case ending in 706.