View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 65 GTO

Here's a new addition, it's a "driver" condition car with very rough paint due to poor storage (long story). The worst part is it has rust at the base of the windshield. The good news is it has 19,560 miles, many original parts including ignition wires, spare tire, 2 factory redlines and all the important stuff including most of it's factory exhaust (but needs replacement soon). The car drives extremely tight and the doors close like new.

It's a 4-speed with remote mirror, a.m. radio, back-up lights and 2-speed wipers. Pontiac assembly plant.
The deluxe wheel covers I added. The tires I replaced with the bias-ply look radials, the car had radials on it when I purchased it and the driving difference was improved enough to give these tires a try.
Still drives like an old GTO but with slightly better response and not as sensitive to road imperfections.

The car is photoed about 100 feet away from my cell phone camera. You heard of "20 footers" this car requires a little more distance for most people, but the originality is very high. It sort of reminds me of the 1964 silver GTO that was on e-bay in Southern California several months back. I'll be driving this a lot, going to shows, errands, out to dinner and maybe the dragstrip.
Should be fun!