View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpin455_GTO
I am curious as to what the L92 price was, I have been looking at replacing the 454 in my 76 swb with one, mild cam, intake, headers, maybe keep the efi, maybe not. At least in my truck the truck intake could stay, provided I can get a cable operated TB..

If I can find an L92 cheap enough I would do the swap this summer. PM me if you dont want to say, and where you got it, they are rare up here in BFE.
I got the engine from a guy selling them on ls1tech.com:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...694&highlight=

I paid $3500. There are issues with using a cable operated throttle body with the newer 58 tooth crank trigger ECUs. I talked to John at Speartech and he indicated that you must use the drive by wire throttle body. There is no reason to use the cable throttle body.

I am a little torn as to what I am going to use for the intake. I am leaning towards doing a setup similar to what Year One did on the new Bandit cars.

When I got home this afternoon I found some Edelbrock goodies waiting for me. Here are the engine mount plates:

Judging by the engine cradle these mounting plates will put the bellhousing in very close proximity to where it was before. This is critical for me since I am not changing anything rear of the engine.

The Edelbrock headers came with a complete gasket and bolt kit, but I am going to use the stock MLS exhaust gaskets and bolts. The stock gasket matches the headers well.

The headers are gorgeous!!!

The L92s feature variable valve timing. Since I am going to swap cams I will need a non VVT front cover. The balancer will also be swapped over to a C6 Corvette unit.

Shot down the intake port:

Andrew