View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455HOGT37 View Post
Yep, there were genuine Cragar SS wheels on the front and SS clones on the rear. The single original Honeycomb was in the trunk with a worn out, off brand bias ply tire mounted. This leads me to believe that he wore out at least two sets of tires on the Honeys before going with the SS look. He claimed he still had the other Honeycombs (and the original round port exhaust manifolds) in storage at his parents house, but that never panned out.

I fought that shifter all the way from Illinois to Ca. The bolts would come loose and I couldn't shift. IIRC, if I caught it in time I could just tighten them enough to get by from the top, but in this case I lost all the bolts and the shifter was hanging by the linkage. The auto parts/snowbank was me getting new bolts in for a "proper" repair.
Mike, Mr. C. Green is still alive and living in Del Rio, TX where he bought the car from Monroe Motor Company, 500 Ave. F, dealer code 040 (22 250?). I wonder if he still has the 14x7 Honeycomb wheels and RA exhaust manifolds you mentioned...?

Dennis