View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 AM

That was considered at first Giles, that's actually a fairly reasonable number to get from these engines with careful mods. In my shop we do a lot of custom injection and turbo work and I use this car to run myself and 3 kids 250 miles each way to our cabin quite often. I was going to inject and boost my 215, I bought up some forged low comp pistons, some rods etc but thought to myself "if I scatter this thing I'm screwed" I'd previously tried to find a few 215 engines so I'd have a pool to pick my parts from but had little luck getting what I was looking for.

I shifted gears and now it's getting a Chevy 4.3 liter v-6. These motors are found running in dumpsters around here. I'm doing a basic piston rod combo with a stock but prepped crank. I'm running marine exhaust manifolds that put a Mitsubishi turbo next to each valve cover, a custom fabbed intake that looks rather like an under hood tunnel ram with a dual throat ford throttle body sticking off the front. Each turbo feeds its own intercooler and each of those feed one side of the throttle body into a common plenum. I've also got a 700R4 trans. In the name of stealth it's going to be kept as quiet as possible, hell I'm even keeping the column shifter LOL. Of course I'm painting the engine Kimberly blue. It's sure to piss of some of the purists but I've had more then my share of big Pontiac v-8s. No way in hell I was going to put in a sbc or anything. I'm hoping that being radically different will score me some sympathy points LOL.

The chassis and brakes are unfreaking believable, I need some big power to match, software puts my combo at mid 500s without running tons of boost and I'll have overdrive and good mileage when my foot is out of it. This whole combo is costing me about half what my last 455 build did, will make similar power and is going to get triple the mileage. This is my 3rd 64 Tempest and with the 4 doors this one gets no attention from Johnny law at all, the only give away are the brakes and only some people notice those at first.

You don't even want to know how goofy option number 3 is

~John

Last edited by John_TTD; 11-22-2007 at 03:19 AM.