View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Senior Chief

Project updates.

I finally got a belt to fit. The third attempt. This was a painful experience since the auto parts store in my area don't stock anything. They always say we can get it in a day, two at they most. So since I'm going to wait and then go get it when it comes in, I just order from Rockauto.com. Much cheaper (including shipping) and only a day longer, plus its waiting for me when I get home.

I put a slight dent in the header just to be safe. I really don't think the dent will affect flow very much. You can also see that the stock LS3 spark plug wire hits the header. This also occurs on one spot on the other side.

Here I'm starting to connect the ECM wires.

Fender problems. I though I would just need to weld a small patch at the bottom of the fender. After grinding across a very small rust bubble and then grinding alot more after finding filler, I find that most of the metal is missing and was replaced with filler. There was no visible problems from the back of the fender. The rust and repair was hidden by the brace. The fender must also be slight bent. The alighment above the picture is fair, but the fender sticks out about 3/4-1" at the bottom. If you align the bottom of the dender, the door to fender alignment in the middle is really bad and scrapes when opening the door.

And while I am looking at body problems, do all Pontiacs have this extra gap at the top of the door?