Thread: Where to begin?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Survivor View Post
Based on my comments is the stock cam a good choice or would you step it up a notch? I have a engine break in stand so a cam swap can happen before it goes in the car. The engine will be fully tuned and broken in before install. The engine currently has a bit too much rtv on the gaskets and the rockers have break in Molly paste from 15 years ago still present.

I’m looking at the melling spc-7 cam?

It will have the stock automatic trans and stock gearing but I don’t want it to be a turd.

My corvette is a solid lifter m-20 4 sp with 4:11’s and it wants to bee driven like it’s stolen. This is going to be a cruiser that will see some spirited use occasionally.

Finally how do I post pictures? Do I have to use a photo hosting site?
i would definitely upgrade the cam to something better than a stock W72 cam, but will refer you to other members here with more knowledge on that, start a new thread in the street section & you will get lots of good suggestions.

posting pics is easy, dont need to use a hosting site, when you make a post there is a tab called "manage attachments" right below the comment box, click it & it will let you select where to upload your image from, once you select the image click upload & then post the reply.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: