View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeklm View Post
Choosing exhaust is kind of like choosing your favorite color. What one person thinks is too loud , another thinks is just right!

I was running a similar motor in my 66, and really liked the 2.5" system with X and Dynomax super turbos. Was mello, no drone, but still sounded like a muscle car when getting on it.

From what I have read, I doubt a 3" system would provide you with noticable additional power- marginal at best. In addition, I would expect 3" to be louder.

My current build uses 3" with 14" Ultraflows. A little loud, but not obnoxious. Keep in mind that a longer muffler case will tone the noise down if you have room for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
x2

I have a 2/5" Pypes system on my 462ci '67...was told that 3" wouldn't be worth the trouble. It came with Race Pros, which I used for 7 years, but I switched them out for 20" super turbos to get rid of the drone. Race Pros definitely sound more aggressive, but STs make the car more pleasant to drive, especially if I'm in it for more than 30 min. Street Pros are louder than race pros, so I assume they would drone louder too...that would have drove me crazy.