View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Sniped With a Bomb !

Wow !

Noticed a new Hart 40v brushless attachment capable trimmer which had some real low bids. So, I said "What the heck", & decided to snipe it myself, just for kicks & practice.

With about a minute to go the high bid was $12.50. So, I set myself up to bid $21.51, with 10 sec left. Hit the place bid button at 10 sec, then hit the confirm bid button with probably less than 5 sec left.

I wasn't even close. Somebody wanted it bad. Winning bid was $60 + tax + $30 shipping.

You just never know how much some bidder is willing to give for an item you're bidding on. So, if you really need an item, it's probably best to just find a buy-it-now item, or maybe try to haggle with the seller on the price of a make offer item.

Much better yet to just go to a big box store, pay retail, & check it out in the parking lot, IF you have the money to do it that way.

I've made a couple of offers on 40v Kobalt kits. Only $10 or so apart. But, so far, neither seller is willing to sell for my price.

If they vote to send us more plague money, before I buy from an Ebay seller, I'll just go to Lowes & do the parking lot unbox & test deal.

Last edited by ponyakr; 01-24-2021 at 10:31 PM.