View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76TA462 View Post
76 Trans Am. Two years ago, I installed UMI tubular uppers and lowers, and their A225-550R coil overs (Viking). On the rear I used Hotchkis leaf springs (2409C) and their matched at the time Fox shocks (I believe they used to match up with Bilstein shocks). Also used the Hotchkis frame connectors (4013), a huge upgrade from my old Lakewoods. From PTFB I used their heavy duty leaf spring plates which are super – no bending and take the larger diameter U Bolts. Night and day difference and I am very happy with the outcome, both handling and the stance. Be forewarned the ride will be harsher. I expected it so it was not a concern or disappointment. I also had to rework the exhaust system due to the reduced clearance. To do that I went to the flatter Borla Pro XS Series (40352) mufflers and swapped my long tubes (Hedman 4-Tube) to Hedman shorty headers (26164). I didn’t really notice a loss of power, although I don’t track it so have no idea if it made a difference. The Borlas droned (my Welded Dynomax didn’t) but that was resolved by adding Vibrant resonators immediately after the headers. There are a ton of combos out there and you can’t go wrong with most. For me, this combo worked. As added info, I was able to easily get 285 40 18s in the back using a 10-inch wheel with 5.75-inch b.s.
what spring rate did you use in the front . I have the same system in the front of my 70 TA with a 550 sprig . I'm thinking 550 may be to stiff Thanks