View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 11:43 AM

No mini tubs, no modifications to the wheel wells or fender lips at that time (lips now rolled while I had the body to bare metal). OE leaf spring location, no 4 link. I don't think I had stock exhaust with the wide wheels, but memory faded after 20 years. Rears were 5.75" backspacing IIRC and I had 3 different rears at the time I used to swap out based on what I was doing. 8.2" Pontiac 10 bolt 2.72 ratio, 8.2" Chevy 10 bolt with 3.73 ratio, and a 8.5" "corporate" with 2.41 ratio. The 12 bolt your Formy should have in it may be a slightly different width than the 10 bolts, the experts here could tell you. So, MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE before ordering custom backspacing. Every car is different and what worked on mine might not on someone else's due to weight, ride height, suspension, tires, payloads, etc.

I would get a slight rub in the rear on the inside of the wheel well above the shock if I hit the angled corner curbing on certain corners of certain road courses too hard at high speed. Considered a Watts link but decided it wasn't worth the expense and weight. Did not have rub issues in street driving. The front tires would slightly rub the 1 3/8" hollow sway bar at full lock which only occurs a low speed in paring lots and what not. Daves high clearance solid 1 1/4" front bars allow more tire space there.

Bottom pic because I was often asked how much a 275/315 combo sticks out, they didn't.