View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Chris, living in Ohio one owner car and I had one set of rear seat covers replaced under warranty and they have shrunk again and have torn the stitching. Also the front drivers cover on my car has torn stitching, it's not just in the south or the southwest. It's about sun exposure because my car is seldom garaged and has sat outside for most of it's life.

My rubber gaskets around the glass on the quarter windows is starting to blister and fall apart. 88,000 miles currently, bought car new in February 2006 and have never driven the car in the winter time.

There is a definite problem with these 2 items that is going to be needed restoration parts in the future especially if the cars sit outside. It's doubtful that GM will continue to stock these parts at affordable prices so there will be a definite market for both items as these cars age.
Ok, that's good info to know the stitching problem could be just about anywhere.

We are currently investigating the rear quarter rubber gaskets. Mine just so happen to be experiencing this problem. One of our guys said that you can spray plasti-dip on these weatherstrips for a pretty nice quick fix but we're attempting to come up with a reproduction for a better long term solution.