View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 PM

I like some of the 78-88 A/G bodies and when I seen the ad back in 2002 for my 78 Grand Am, I just had to have it. And I got it for a good price. And here's the kicker....I did a body-off! And it didn't cost me much. Sandblasted the chassis, replaced brake lines, fuel lines, bushings, ball joints, etc. Along with my brothers we did the bodywork and paint, and I picked up a good running 400/TH350 from a 76 Trans Am. The car sits on 14x7 Rally-II and has the factory Trans Am steering box with 1.25 inch front sway bar and rear sway bar and discs/drums. I changed the rear gears from 2:29 to 3:08 and with the 245-60 out back it runs nice. It has stock manifolds with 2.25 inch duals and Dynomax Super Turbos. It's lighter than the Trans Am. It is certainly rare around these parts. It spends most days and nights in my garage, and every once in awhile I fire it up and take it for a spin. It is not a daily driver. Now some people might think I'm crazy to restore a car like this.........but every year these cars get older and harder to find..............and I like it! I have another 400 block and a set of #64 heads that will someday replace the 185 horse...........or locate a factory W72 engine.